In a list, here are the things we “major on” and believe in with great passion:
- The Bible – We believe it is inspired by God, without error, and serves as our authority for all aspects of life. Ignore it at your own risk.
- God – There’s only One God. Perfect. Holy. Loving. Righteous. Sovereign. Creator. Eternal. Just. Revealed generally in creation, but specifically in Jesus Christ and in the Bible. God is “three-in-one” (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit).
- Jesus Christ – He’s God’s One and Only Son. Fully-God and Fully-Man. Nobody else like Him in all of Human history. Lived a sinless life. He is the only “mediator” between our holy God and our flawed human race.
- Holy Spirit - God’s Spirit is always at work. He changes lives and empowers His people for service, unity, and the spread of the Good News! His Spirit is also fully-God and is constantly at work drawing people to Jesus and building His Kingdom!
- Human Beings – We are made in God’s image, created for specific possibilities and relationships. At best, humans have the capacity to draw close to God, to love one another, to grow in a life of righteousness and joy, however…
- Sin – All of us have sinned. We’ve rebelled against God. We don’t deserve His love or His favor. We deserve punishment. Every human being has sinned and falls short of God’s glory. We cannot solve our own sins or “earn” forgiveness no matter what we do. However, there is good news…
- Salvation – Though we have sinned, Christ Jesus died on the Cross to pay the price (the punishment, the penalty) that we deserved. If anyone would honestly repent (turn to God) and ask forgiveness for his sins – and believe (faith, trust, accept) Jesus Christ as God’s Son who died on the cross for us – anyone can receive eternal life! Salvation is a gift by God’s Grace and Love, not something that we can earn or seek on our own.
- The Church – “Church” refers to a specific group of people… Those who have trusted Christ for salvation. Those who respond to His call to be different from the world and join together in faithful obedience to Jesus. Those who gather regularly for worship, prayer, community, and mission. Those who carry on the powerful traditions of believers’ baptism and Christ-centered communion.
- The Future – The Bible tells us that God has serious plans for the future. Heaven and Hell are real. Sinners will be judged, and Believers will be glorified. Christ will return. Prophecies will be fulfilled, just like they were in Jesus’ day. Our job is to spread the good news and be ready for Christ’s return!